Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yes, we're going to a party party...

For birthdays during my obsessive, all-things-Beatles phase (which later evolved into one of all-things-George Harrison), my dad would take me shopping at Harmony House, where I would select the perfect album and we would try to answer the age old question: Beatles vs. Rolling Stones. We shared this interest in music, so browsing together was like being in a candy factory with a chocoholic.

I don't recall a special tradition for his birthday, which is today, though I do remember buying many ties and candles over the years. 2003 stands out for the best surprise, when my mom & I painted his kitchen while he was at work.

For something different, I thought it might be nice if complete strangers on the internet could wish him a good one... (GO!)

You say it's your birthday
Well it's my birthday too--yeah
You say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you.

6 comments:

brexians said...

nice blog man! and nice music!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your Dad had a good Birthday. I wished him Happy Birthday but I was a day late. Oops. Sorry about that... I am just catching up on my blog reading. :)

The picture is adorable.

Have a good week!

-Michelle

Haphazardkat said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to Indie's Daddy!!!
Happy Happy Birthdayyyy to youuuuuu
your daughter lives in a feline zooooo

:D Hope your day is GREAT!

~haphazardkat

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweetheart, wishing you much happiness and good times. :)

Have one on me, okay! :)

Quindigo said...

From my dad:

"You have a lot of wonderful friends on the internet who wished me a happy birthday. Most good wishes I've ever received. Quite the system you have going!"

Thanks to those who helped out :)

Terri G said...

I also was a little late - he is just going to think I am a wierdo.
;)t