Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rigidity

Don't EVER take 4-week old kittens to a veterinarian on a military installation, even if you think one's dying because they're so stuck on their regulations and policies and couldn't possibly bend their "you can't have these kittens back for at least three days" rule and "we'll have to euthanize this one because he has fluid in his lungs." And forget about suggesting bringing the wild mother-cat in, because she'll have to go in a different cage, then be euthanized in three days, anyway, unless you want to re-adopt it for the small handling fee of $72. And crying and hyperventilating in the office? Gets nada. Fuck me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got some kind of hollow empty feeling inside right now and I am only reading how you feel.

Sarah said...

Wow. So much for having a shred of a heart, huh?

What is going on with yours and Jock's kitties? Around here, mother cats give birth to kitties who come out with a chew in their mouths. I swear.

I hope someone helps you out, Indigo. You and those kitties certainly deserve it.

kittycatlane said...

What the hell! They aren't even old enough to be weaned yet and they wouldn't let the mother be with them? That's some 'shit for brains' vet, they have there.
I'm so sorry Indi, for you having to go through that and for the little ones too. There has to be a decent vet some place around there... I hope.
You are wonderful for caring! BIG HUGE HUGS, Steph

(gonadup) kinda nasty sounding, something my boys would say. lol

Anonymous said...

*hugs indie*

the mouse

Anonymous said...

Just awful. I am so sorry.

From past experience, military installations also suck at care for humans!!!

-M.

Haphazardkat said...

Nooooo!! more sick kitties?? :( That's sad sad news!

What happens now? Can they be saved?

kat
http://haphazardkat.blogspot.com

Mamabooties said...

I used to love to take my dogs to the vet on Pendleton. it was cheep and they did pretty good care. hell they got better care than I did from on base doc's. I wonder why they have that rule and why would you have to adopt it if you are the one that brought it in? That makes next to no sense? But then again most everything on Pendleton didn't either.

Anonymous said...

Aurgh!! Makes me want to kick some people in the knees.

Haphazardkat said...

hey chickie, how's things? I miss your blogs!