Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ace's wild

Our weekend at the beach was a-ma-zing. Who knew beer and sun could be so therapeutic? Beer + sun = world peace. I'm sure of it.

I was always under the impression that I had inherited my (no) sense of direction from my mother, who had to call mall security several times when I was a child because she couldn't find the car. Turns out my sister's inner compass is just as faulty, even with a different mother. The drive through small-town Alabama to Florida should have taken an hour and a half, not four, but even Mapquest can have a bad day, I suppose.

One interesting fact about taking road trips with my sister: she plays strip poker in her mind. Every so often, clothing comes off ("I'm so over these shorts") until she's down to the minimum, comfortably driving along. Maybe you have to be there.

I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.
- Stephen Wright

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear you actually enjoyed it. So was there another tatoo or not?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you got some therapy...well needed I'm sure and WELL DESERVED!! Your sis cracks me up.

Joy said...

Glad you had a great time! you deserved it!

patresa hartman said...

ha! beer + sun = world peace. :)

your sister drives in her underpants? you 2 need your own reality tv show.

Sarah said...

No tickets, Indigo! I am PROUD! I'm so happy that you had this time to rejuvenate. Sounds like your sister enjoyed her naked self too.

Mamabooties said...

I am glad you had fun. I just hope I have as much fun on my trip as you did. I get to spend Saturday at the PHX Zoo. Yeah I can't wait. I can't get anymore tats there, I can't drink, hell i can barly have a flipping soda so wait what am i looking forward to again? A bunch of screaming brats? EWWWW

kittycatlane said...

Glad you had a good time! Tell your sis to enjoy it while she's young. As she gets older, and still does stuff like that, she's gonna find herself arrested for indecent exposure, and since she'll be old, saggy and wrinkled, they won't find it as cute as they do now.... not that I would have any experience with that, even though I'm old, saggy and wrinkled! BIG HUGS, Steph

(jgnlidd)

Quindigo said...

ren-rad: NO NEW TATS (or piercings) - can you believe it??

Marcie: yeah, she's kinda cute. ;)

Candy: my only complaint? It should have been a week!

P: brilliant! As long as it can be something along the lines of "Flavor of Love" and we get to eliminate men! While driving in our underoos!

Sarah: uh...the secret to not getting tickets seems to be...not driving. She took the wheel most of the time. :P

Leah: Ahhhh, the zoo - that sounds fun!

Steph: haha...I hear ya'! I find cops have ZERO sense of humor!