Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wireless recruit

My son's friend graduated high school and joined the Army in June. From Basic Training in Ft. Sam Houston, Texas, during his one hour of personal time on Sunday, he called my son to see if he had any comments or photos on his MySpace. My son dutifully read the remarks for him and told him about updated profile pictures.

I sure hope they put some internet cafes in those barracks and on the war front soon...(yes, I realize I would be doing the exact same thing).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear. that myspace stuff is some powerful trouble. (i would love to have overheard that conversation...especially describing updated profile pics.)

Unknown said...

The heart of a true geek. ;)

Anonymous said...

so how come my niece's husband in Iraq does NOTHING but stay online with her? It's a weird thing.

http://daffodilmouse.spaces.live.com/

come see me sometime.

the wench

Sarah said...

I love your fire quote above.

On to your topic...They really should have a lot more, Indigo. I agree. I can think of a million things that I'd like to give to them in addition to computer time.

kittycatlane said...

What no internet access??????? HELL NO WE WON'T GO!!! LOL BIG HUGS, Steph

Mamabooties said...

i think it is just amazing now addicting myspace is to people

Terri G said...

ummm...*raising hand* addict here. I blame it on my staff of children who are all 20-something.;)

I thought for sure they all were given laptops with their MRE's. Where are my tax dollars GOING?!

Joy said...

I love myspace although I really can't tell you why... actually anyone that I talk to who has it can't tell me why they love it either.