Sunday, July 16, 2006

Laying the almighty purple smackdown

I generally avoid heated discussions about politics or religion, because it seems sort of pointless. My beliefs work for me, as yours do for you, and I don't mind listening but please don't try to convert me. Well, unless you're a close-minded, hypocritical, right-wing Conversative Baptist trying to save my soul, then I'm just pretending to listen, while hearing the Brady Bunch theme song in my head and willing you to shut up. Quickly.

When I went to the gas station to fill up today, I had to walk inside to pay because the credit card option at the pump wasn't working (hey, it's 98 degrees with 99% humidity - I am not walking further than I have to). I heard the customer in front of me asking why the pumps no longer took the plastic, and the clerk told him it was a temporary glitch and he wished people would stop cussing him about it.
The customer said, "Guess you'll have to start cussing them back."
"Oh, I could never do that", the clerk replied. (I assumed he was going to say something about the customer always being right. Silly me). "God would never forgive me."

Huh? Guess that lands me right in the center of hell's shit creek. Who could get through this life believing that any cussing, flaws or errors in judgement are unacceptable? No, thank you. If (I mean WHEN), I screw up in the future, I know the people in my life, as well as a higher being, will be there to accept my apology. In fact, the people I respect the most have the ability to forgive the best (coincidence? hmmmm). Perhaps it's because I was raised Catholic, but forgiveness is generally a confession and a wafer away.

The rest of the day was spent burning through my full tank of gas by picking up my son after his piece o'shit car (the Patri-Camaro) stranded him twice and hydroplaned him into the ditch once. AND, if you ever sell a car, buy a car, ride in a car or think of stealing one in the state of Alabama, make sure you sign your complete middle name and not only the initial on the title because if you don't, we'll have to redo paperwork in triplicate and get it notarized before we can register it. And, I will personally cuss you out.

8 comments:

Terri G said...

LOL! Miss Indi...those are the kind of people that you can keep in line by using their belief system against them! "That's right - god will never forgive you if you cuss back at me", etc.

There was this one guy in Guyana who used that tactic alot. HE apparantly used that good for evil. YOU can use it to get the DMV clerk to push the title through easier...see if he believes in wafers and confessions first, though! ;)

Anonymous said...

I think that a God that has smitten (past form of smite?) an enemy or two can forgive a bit o' cursing...at least I hope so

Haphazardkat said...

Having been raised by a (psycho) super religious (adopted) mom...I have a deep hatred of being preached at by ANYONE.
I'm with you on the live and let live way of life. Don't preach at me and don't shove your politics at me or I'm gonna help you meet your "maker" quicker then you planned :)
Ooo..was that my outside voice? Grandma--get my condo ready--I'm a goin' to hell!

Anonymous said...

Oh, shit. I think God has bigger fish to fry than the cursers among us.

Stupid-ass clerk. I'da preached at HIM.

Dwayne said...

A present just for you. It is one of my favorite songs to sing on the way home from a day teaching kids and not being able to swear. No, it's not from South Park but that one comes in a close second. Sorry about the car. It was not that long ago you got it right?

Anonymous said...

I'm sad about the kitties. The F word is one of my faves and I'm on the fast track to Hell (been told that anyway) and don't give a damn.

You could always start an adoption program out of your home ($20 a cat)...that's where I got my mangly babies and she has been saving lives for 10 years.

I hope you can save a few more. They need you. :(

kittycatlane said...

I love when Conan O'Brien, says or does something, then he sings his, "I'm a gonna go to hell when I die.. (clap, clap) I'm a gonna go to hell when I die"
I've been singing that all day. As to the reason I've been singing it... pffft like I would post it! LMAO BIG HUGS, Steph

Unknown said...

Cussing is totally under-rated. I feel so much better after hurling a foul word or two and sometimes it just seems to work best for that circumstance. :)

Sounds like the keys need to be taken away from crash before he hurts himself with his new toy. :-o