Thursday, June 15, 2006

To wipe or not wipe - the battle du jour with a rebel yell

Sure, they lead you to believe the Civil War was caused by issues such as slavery, industrial vs. agrarian society, and State's rights. I beg to differ.

Last night, the following question was asked: after sex, who cleans the man up?

My friend/coworker J., southern belle extraordinaire: I ALWAYS bring him a washcloth and clean him up afterwards.
Me: Are you sleeping with men in wheelchairs? Why can't they jump in the shower or wipe their own stuff off?
J.: It's a sign of respect. They would do the same for me, so I like to take care of my man like that.
Me: Do you wipe his ass for him, too? And I personally think I'm self-sufficient enough to insert my own damn tampons, thankyouverymuch.
J.: that's the reason you'll never be married down here, with an attitude like that.
Me: Well, I don't want to be married if it means a man can't take care of his own hygiene.
J.:YANKEE!
Me: REDNECK!

(this continued for a heated 10 minutes, untill she asked me to leave, which I did with a huff, a "FINE!" and a squealing of tires).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! i found you!

Dwayne said...

You're kidding right? Right? I bet she gives head while her husband takes a dump. Seriously, I clean myself; she cleans herself. Guess I'm a yankee doodle dandy.

~Vital~ said...

you've got to be kidding me? If my husband was that lazy..he wouldn't have lasted the 8 years we've been married....I'm not saying that I haven't handed him something before, but to do it everytime and to clean him up every time...not gonna happen..not this girl...no way, no how...

This girl is definitely from the south...she reminds me of the sleezes I grew-up with in good ole TN... If there's gain, they are in it...if there's drama, they are behind it....