Saturday, June 17, 2006

Construction time again

I put my heart, such as it is, into most endeavors. Frustration from MSN Spaces finally came to a head after I started hearing "I can't get your page to load" and "the comments lag - again". I simplified, stripped the tweaks and moved the whistles, but it continued to give me grief more often that not. And? I don't give a single, furry, white rat's ass about XBox.

The bad news about this particular move? I don't know html. Not a lick. I'm learning some basics, because I'm obsessive like that and need something to do instead of sleep, but let's just say this is a work in progress. Suggestions, opinions and smart ass comments are always welcomed.


Other defectors participating in the mass exodus:

"Fuck MSN... Fucking commercialized graduate of myspace." - Sarah

"...I'm not sure I'm over my relationship with Spaces, but it's a bizarre love triangle between Blogspot, myself and that old whore that can not work out." - Jock

"I think this place will keep your blogging curiosity going for a wee while longer. " - Monty

"...you should keep a little dog and pony show for your family. Let everyone else read all juicy shtuff. I think I'll keep my msn spaces just for said show." - Dwayne

"I think I can safely say that this might just be the answering voice to the petulant childs griping echoing off the canyon walls of what we, once lovingly and passionately, closely followed by frustration and boredom, called Spaces." - Melissa

"I may need to take a computer Class just to learn how to blog..." - Vital

"I'm so tired of Spaces and the rediculous quirks it has. Yay! I get a new room!" - Candy

"I started out here...ahhh memories...so I guess since Dwayne busted his ass making my page all nice and shit I'll come over too (I really am sick of the More Shit Nightly blog, too...)" - Brain Salad

"I admit it. I am running away from my past. Not my ENTIRE past...just the last 8 months of my blog." - Terri

"Welcome to Level 1 new player!" - Mayor of Simpleton

"I have a strong sense to keep it real while blogging. Because of peeking eyes I used to blog more sanitized and generic which is pretty boring." - Stephen

"I am just fed up with the poor quality of service, the total lack of control over content, the number of teeny boppers, and the fact that you have to sign in with a passport just to leave a comment." - Hopelessly Aporetic

"What a long, strange trip it's been!" - Red Kitten

"But, hey, you never know, I just might post something worth reading... or not." - Kittycatlane

I guess I'm not really hiding at all. I just wanted to start fresh in a place where I might feel free to write again. Plus MSN Spaces is blocked from my work now ..." - mad megan

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. Here is my complete geekness showing through, but if you want some basics in HTML coding, you can go here: http://www.nwe.ufl.edu/writing/help/web/authoring/html/

These are our help pages from UF where I use to teach this stuff.

junquedujour said...

dammit! how the hell am I supposed to keep up with you people?

You're here, you're there, you're just about everywhere. You'd think you were a fucking Geico commerial

Oooops that wasn't very nice was it?

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha I just heard your player.
I also LOVE karen walker uh.hmm I mean
anastasia beaverhausen.

Do I have to type my name everytime or do you know its me?
Kat

Unknown said...

Indigo -

Yeah, the html sucks but certainly way better than the drones at MSN!

I could never see you as a fricken drone!!! :)

Dwayne said...

By the time we all master html, blogger will come up with an easy user friendly robot that will format it all for us because the teenagers can't learn it. Then we'll all have to jump ship and learn something harder. Who am I kidding? These kids know more about html than I do.

~Vital~ said...

Lord I haven't figured out anything either other than to blog...I get lost on that sometimes too...lol Links..There's a way to put links up with out useing html? Omg if there is I'm more lost than I thought! sigh

Anonymous said...

Hey - you left me off the list! Probably because I bounced off my space over on MSN such a long time ago. In that post I said, "I am just fed up with the poor quality of service, the total lack of control over content, the number of teeny boppers, and the fact that you have to sign in with a passport just to leave a comment."

Oh well, no hard feelings, just glad I was able to find you over here.

Unknown said...

Please keep my entry (I love the little snip-it), re the sanitized and generic, shit all anyone has to do is read my other blog. HA!!! Blogger is becoming my primary blog - though it will take this beta geek a while to get used to the html stuff. Ick.

Love you like a sister!!!

Joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joy said...

I wanted to add this. Let's see if it works...
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/NASAGRL/DeadSpace.jpg

Joy said...

nOpe, stupid thing.