Friday, June 16, 2006

Operation Integration

Years ago, while married, I would compulsively shop and hide evidence in my car; embezzle out of the checking account to pay for my gambling excursions; pig out on moon pies then pop laxatives like tic tacs; and wait anxiously for him to leave town so I could once again drink beer like a rock star. He asked me once why I had to be so secretive, why I felt I had to hide who I was. It seems like the more he tried to sneak into my email, listen the phone conversations, and keylog my computer, the more I felt the need to maintain some sense of privacy and control.

I suppose I've never felt 100% comfortable sharing all of myself at one time with anyone, which may be why I've started and deleted a total of five MSN Spaces (not simultaneously) and I'm ex-frigging-hausted. Who needs to keep all the factions of their personality so separate? Not I, said Sybil.

I am: wholesome Catholic girl, slutty alcoholic vixen, snotty bitch, caring compassionate naive woman and boring crazy cat lady. I trust that people who care will be able to integrate all the facets and still love me. I'm too proud of where I've been and who I am to be anything less.

Sometimes, you've just got to Say Anything.

I'm currently attempting to grow balls big enough to invite my family here and close all my MSN Spaces. Oy.

13 comments:

monty said...

We all need to keep some things secret from others. It'll be different things for each of the different people we know. That's what makes it hard to have one blog that is truly open and honest. Impossible in all probability.

You've already been decorating I see. I'm sending over a case of Bud Lite, muffins and laxatives. Knock yourself out.

Anonymous said...

so this is just like that movie with John Cusack where all the characters meet at a seedy motel and slowly learn that they are integrating into one person's mind...

except, i don't want there to be one of your personas that starts killing all the other personas.

collectively, you are terrific.

Anonymous said...

ahhhh nooo!!!! please! for the love of God! Don't come out of the closet to your FAMILY!! what are you thinking???
Oh what the hell, it's not like you are a bad person anyway. (I have low standards)I suppose if you shock them enough the first month, everything else will be like butta.
Love,
Candy~

jnuts said...

So, you're a snotty bitch?

Dwayne said...

I agree that you should keep a little dog and pony show for your family. Let everyone else read all juicy shtuff. I think I'll keep my msn spaces just for said show. That way they don't come looking for me in blogspot.

Mamabooties said...

girl you move around more than I change clothes.

Quindigo said...

Monty: I'm still wrestling with the parents part...seems I might be too distracted by thought of beer, at the moment.

Patresa: Yes, Identity. That's EXACLTY what this is! Incredibly, we all share the same birthday, as well).

Candy: it wouldn't be so bad if my dad hadn't wanted to be a MONK!

Jock: so I've been told. Of course, he probably exaggerated.

Dwayne: my dog and pony show is more of a cat and wild flower show, but you may be onto something...

Melissa: you may have picked the wrong person to assist with html! (but I'll share what I know, which is how to change the template every single day for a period of six days!)

Leah: hey, I'm on a roll ;)

Anonymous said...

Whew - I had no idea...your complexity is addicting! Congratulations on this endeavor...it is beautifully crafted!

Anonymous said...

A wise man once said to me, "You weren't even paying attention were you?"

Anonymous said...

I say keep some things private. Your family doesn't need to know everything. Just as you don't know everything about them
't

Anonymous said...

Well these are nice digs but have a feeling will be seeing you back at MSN Spaces soon. As ever be well. Stephen Craig Rowe

Anonymous said...

Okay I'm here. You know i"m trembling form fear of change.
But i'm here.
Maybe I'll try one of these out but, no html here either. If it mean head to more liquor. I'd be a pro.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Poodle: I wasn't aware you were recording our little fiasco, but since I was higher than a kite, I don't remember much, anyway.

Did we have sex? Weren't my boobs magnificent?

Who are you?