Wednesday, September 27, 2006

How does my week suck ass? Let me count the ways.

I have no toilet. Wait, I have a toilet, but it's sitting in the middle of my bathroom floor, leaving a dark, gaping hole to sewer hell. While I wondered where wads of toilet paper and used tampons went, I didn't really need to know.

Cold-blooded by nature, I have my air conditioner set at 76 (cold-blooded, cheap, whatever). My son gets home from work, turns the thermostat down to 72 degrees, goes to bed, then turns the heat up to 80 degrees in the morning. I believe hotflashes are actually caused by teenage boys.

I took back my rental car (and driver, ha), paid my deductible ($300) and picked up my car. It looks like...deep fried roadkill on a stick. Oh, it's not that bad, as long as you're Jolly Green Giant tall and don't look closely at the piece under the rear bumper hanging lower than everything else. After driving to the gas station on fumes today, I discovered what else isn't fixed: the push-button gas tank opening. Technology's great - except when IT DOESN'T WORK!

My subordinate has consistently been showing up for work late, leaving early, and taking longer lunches (which everyone knows is behaviour reserved for supervisors). I rationally and calmly sat him down to discuss his attendance after he arrived half an hour late this morning. Okay, I probably used sarcasm to make my point, but he flipped out on me, swearing and yelling about how much he hated his "motherfucking job". He's never said a word before now, preferring the strategy of keeping his anger and frustration bottled up so it could fester. I only wanted to talk about the situation, but ended up writing him up because he acted so inappropriately (and hurt my feelings. This is why I don't WANT people under me. Stop venting at me!)

Because of specifics in our contract, our employer is required to pay us the average wage for the corresponding job title in our Alabama region. Not only was my employee completely out of line, but I had to reward him with a $2/hour pay hike at the end of the day because his had changed. Oh, mine went up, too. BY FOUR CENTS!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

subordinates suck the life out of you.

And I don't mean in a good orgasmic way...

You have to pay for that... wait I do pay my subs... those fuckers need to suck better!

kittycatlane said...

What... he got to cuss at you and then gets a raise? Did I miss something?

OH, and Indi... You DON'T want people under you? You don't??? Are you sure? I've always found having that right person under me to be VERY, GOOD!
Under, behind, On top, beside, behind again, under again... sigh......
It's all good! lol
I need a nice large sized penis, with experience... any ideas? Oops, sorry got off the subject! lmao BIG HUGS, Steph

Quindigo said...

Darren & Steph: I tried posting this entry last night - it seems to get stuck on "0% files published" and it never showed up. Let me officially add Blogger to all things that suck this week!

Anonymous said...

You mean I could have been cussing those fuckers out all along and still get raises.
Boy am I stupid!

Katsoup

Unknown said...

What an idiot. I was in management before I went on disability and I'll tell ya, it isn't what it's cracked up to be, not by any means.

By the sound of your week - you need a Marinol capsule sent FedEx. :)

Many Hugs -
Stephen

Mamabooties said...

OK I will agree your week has started to suck, but I can do you one better.... I keep getting a reaccuring yeast infection since I am pregnant and it WON"T GO AWAY!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Katsoup (and damn glad that I'm not with mamabooties):

I've been going about this business all wrong. Why haven't I been venting and cursing? I'd be a millionaire by now!

The word verification of the day looks a little like a prescription drug I've taken:

rhbxdu

The end.

Michelle said...

Yikes! Sounds like a bad week! I know it must be stressful at work and I am sorry that person was so stupid and vented. It would suck majorly to know he gets a raise after that kind of behavior.

So you know you are in good company, I've had a bad week too. Stomach virus hell!!! Thank God for phenergan.

((big hug))
Michelle

Anonymous said...

One positive- if you ever travel East, like Taipei, you will be well versed to shit in a hole in the ground. I know this only because my sister did it for the six months she lived there.

The rest?- yeah, that sucks. Find beer asap.

Anonymous said...

and THESE are the days when ya wanna pack an Uzi to the jobsite!

At least it's friday...

the daffodil mouse who is too lazy to sign in to her blog but it woulda been easier and quicker than typing all of this...

Anonymous said...

OMG - I am stuck with no toilet too.
Kat

Anonymous said...

P.S.
Are you mad at me for something.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are taking that car back to get it properly fixed! Ugh!

Just think, that 4 cents will cover your taxes...oh wait, no it won't. Um, it will cover your toilet-fixing expense...no, it won't do that either.

I got nothin'. I will come back later.
;)t

Anonymous said...

ah darlin' you are worth every cent