Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cheap man walking

I ran into a guy (almost literally - he was walking towards the post office as I was backing my car out) I dated after my divorce. He's another helicopter pilot, since apparently I have a weakness for the cocky and arrogant, which later only incites me into throwing hard boiled eggs at their heads. I knew he wasn't for me the day he decided to spend $500 upgrading his ancient piece o'crap computer circa 1990 rather than a tiny bit more to get a decent new system.

We made small talk while catching up for a few minutes, and I asked him if he was still living in the same place.

"No," he said, "We bought some...I bought some...property in the country."

Awwww, I love the pronoun game: we're very happy for you. You go, Jim.

9 comments:

kittycatlane said...

pffft why wouldn't he just admit he's not single or available anymore?
OH and for heavens sake, changing the we to I, like you wouldn't notice. lmao Smooooooth... not!

Can I watch while you throw the hard boiled eggs? PLEASE??? BIG HUGS, Steph

Quindigo said...

Steph: sometimes it's better when the eggs are deviled ;)

Wiz's Wench said...

is his nickname 'wiz' by any chance?

kittycatlane said...

Deviled or hard boiled, either way, I'll be there to watch!

About your Uncle (comment to Kay)
He should buy a nice safe and keep stuff there. At least he'd know it was with him but all in one spot. lol
I wanna visit his house first though.... I think he has a few books I'd love to 'borrow'! lmao
BIG HUGS, Steph

Unknown said...

Never spend money upgrading someone else's piece of crap-ola. It's not usually a good idea.

Upgrade your own stuff, you'll love yourself for it later. :)

Anonymous said...

COOOL new format!

we...uh..I mean I really like it.
;)t

patresa hartman said...

that was sneaky. you know, i honestly didn't think men, stereotypically speaking, were capable of such subtleties. i find this thoroughly encouraging!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she's fat and ugly and mean, and he's ashamed. Just sayin'.

Your new format here is going to be a problem for me, I fear. Like right now? It says your temperature is 93 degrees. Can that be right?!?

If so, poo on you. It's windy and about 55 here, and it makes my knees hurt. I want the warm, dammit!

Haphazardkat said...

Ohhhh subtle man.
I have a carton of eggs in my fridge that have August 16th date stamped on the side.
Want 'em? :D