Sunday, November 05, 2006

In the queue

My sister and I share an unusual (morbid?) habit of saving the most recent voicemails from people we care about, in case something horrible should happen and we never hear from them again.

Currently, from our dad: "Just wondered if you had daylight saving's down there. We're really enjoying ours up here. Talk to ya' later."

From me, in the parking lot of a bar, playing undercover agent/matchmaker last weekend: "Yeah. You know the guy with that baby*? Well, he said that when he dates girls your age (24-25), they tend to get freaked out because he has a baby, and he asked if you would. I told him I didn't think so, but on second thought, I bet you would, so maybe you could sneak out to the parking lot and let me know so...god, I'm drunk. Nevermind."

*that baby is the one we saw on a Razr phone that a stranger had left on our table, not an actual baby in the bar. Everyone knows you can't take your kids to the bar until they're at least ten, unless a few of their cousins and/or pinball machines are there, or that would just be weird.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

So very pretty in here, Indigo. I love that you change your templates as much as I do. I bet your furniture changes too.

Oh, and the saved voicemails- yep. I bet you guessed that I do it too.

Really, I love the template

patresa hartman said...

lovely things you've done with your blog here, ms. indigo. and this song is so so beautiful. i will have to stay here and listen for a while.

and while i don't say voicemails, i do often times freeze frame moments in my head -- conversations -- as "wouldn't this be interesting if it were the very last exchange i ever had with this person."

patresa hartman said...

ah! and a new job! congratulations!

and i'm sorry about the kitties. sad sad.

Unknown said...

Perhaps I'm harsh, but I'd rather have the phone than the baby. I have wanted one of those Razr's since they came out. Call me a materialistic shithead but I'd get more use out of the phone. *g*

Hugs -
Stephen

Anonymous said...

i save every voicemail, email from wiz and i obsessively live on them. Words are my love.

you DO have a beautiful blogspot.:)

the daffodilly mouse
today's secret word is:
uckabmnb which sounds like something you would say to a duck.

Terri G said...

The song - ah...one of my favorites to sing at the top of my lungs in the car!

I have four voice mails from my mum and three from my dad - I am afraid to erase them for just the same reasons you listed.

At least you leave FUNNY ones when you are drunk! HA

And the template is BEAUTiful!
;)t

Quindigo said...

Sarah: now, when I can figure out a way to play voicemail on here like you do, I'll be set!

P: the song is 'Wonderwall' by Ryan Adams (you probably recognize the lyrics as the Oasis hit in the mid-90's?)

Stephen: plus, you don't have to change diapers on a Razr ;)

wiz's daffodil: and email? I'm a packrat for lovely words, too.

terri: we did laugh rather hysterically the next day, playing them back (I left her a few others that she accidentally deleted).

And thanks for the compliments about the template...just a little cut and paste on a Saturday night :)