Saturday, April 02, 2005

MSN Archives: April 2005

C is for Cookie...not!

C" is for cookie - that's good enough for me
"C" is for cookie - thats good enough for me
"C" is for cookie - thats good enough for me
Oh...cookie, cookie, cookie starts with "C".
Bad news...seems Sesame Street has decided to make my favorite blue monster a more healthy role model for kids. His theme song is being changed to "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food"...while he'll scarf down assorted veggie snack-tray fare. Geez. I'm all for healthy, but at the expense of COOKIES?! I can't wait for him to start his low fat/high protein program...and I suppose Oscar the Grouch will soon be answering to Oscar Needs-his-medication...and Bert and Ernie will be just "friends".



No Spitting

It bothers me that I'm bothered by superficial CRAP. I hate that I still care what other people think. I have a smart kid, well-behaved cats, friends, enemies, credit card bills...I drink too much, make bad decisions, eat unhealthy, and watch mind-numbing tv sometimes...and I'll NEVER understand men, but I like me. Most of the time, anyway (waking up feeling fat, overemotional and irrational...now, that I could live without).This weekend, I set a goal for myself. To be more "real" and more secure in showing who I am...not just how I'd like to be.
1986. I've gone from a SMALL private high school with classrooms holding 15 to a HUGE University with lecture halls seating hundreds. Not realizing there were class requirements when I registered, I had the perfect schedule: Australian Aborigines, Primate Social Behaviour, Evolution and Extinction and Sociology...(someone could have TOLD me I'd have to take Math and English, geez). I was living in an all-girl's dorm, listening to Depeche Mode and the B'52's...just enjoying the hell out of life! Life was good...nah, life was AMAZING!

My friends and I had our rooms at the end of the hall...we went out drinking on weeknights (gasp!)...we had Budweiser stocked, cigarettes, loud music and boyfriends illegally spending the night...but what I miss most is always having a large "NO SPITTING" sign behind my head in pictures.

No comments: